Monday, June 18, 2012

Got an update on the 30 year old that had the stroke. Of course he can't say much but did say that she is doing much better. Again, since she is young, the majority of the impairment is being caused by brain swelling and that will improve over time. She's basically getting the same treatment as me but has much longer road ahead due to the fact that she waited much longer to go in. So ladies (and men) DON'T WAIT when you know something is wrong and trust me, you know!!!! It was that symptom listed on all the lists of WOMEN'S heart attack symptoms which are very different from men's. It sounds funny but the symptom was "An impending sense of doom". You know it when you feel it...that, if I lay down and sleep, I might not wake up.

I really thought it was something with my heart...that crazy painful NEW headache that was like nothing I'd ever felt before, dizziness, unprecedented fatigue, feeling of doom, then week arms, tingling in my right fingers.

Valuable lesson though...go to New Braunfels. I don't want to get too negative on FB but, in my opinion, Seguin was awful!!!

I've found out from several good sources as well that NB has a great cardio and Neuro team. For this, they still would have transferred me to here because of the ICU but they would have taken that I was pretty sure I was having a heart attack a lot more serious and not made me wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment