Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Kick Butt Day!!!

I've been spending the past week getting every nook and cranny of our house organized. Again, I had planned for us to get back on our "school schedule" yesterday but decided to take one more week to finish getting organized. I only have a few more spots to do but they are doozies.

So, I spend ALL morning yesterday cooking - snacks for the week, bread and of course the usual breakfast, lunch and dinner. I still hold fast to the wish that we could all just "plug-in" and not have to worry about food. Oh well, we have to so I try to keep is as healthy as possible.
I got done with all of that around 1:30 and spent all the way up until bedtime organizing my sewing/craft desk. It was baaaaaaaaaaad. Just finished all our morning chores and am heading in there to finish it up and then hit Avi's room! Wish me luck!!!

While I was busy with all that, the kids, in their usual wonderful fashion, kept themselves completely entertained. They flew kites in the morning (they have an impressive collection - I think they're up to about 12 kites and Tripp can fly all of them like a pro). We played I-Spy Bingo during lunch, they spent the afternoon playing with TinkerToys, Bristle Blocks, monster trucks, stuffed animals, etc. They really have always amazed me with they're ability to occupy themselves. It would be so different and sad without Tripp (and Avi this year) here with us. We're always so thankful that we have the chance to experience everything together. The first people they ALWAYS want to share things with is each other. Makes my heart happy...sigh.

One of the best discoveries of cleaning out all the science stuff (which had overtaken an entire shelf) was that we finally found Tripp's break-your-own geodes that the tooth fairy left him long ago. They were buried.

Geodes Before


Geodes After



LOOK OUT!!!!

More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment