We got a huge surprise at the beginning of the summer that Nana and Papa bought an RV in a BEAUTIFUL park here in Seguin on Lake Placid! It's been a blast getting to swim (Tripp and Avi's swimming has improved so much), ride on jet skis and their boat.
We use the jet skis to pull a giant ride-in tube. Tripp and Avi love to ride in it but have never flipped over. Well, never, until the first time Tripp and I rode together. Then it was even funnier because, at that time, we didn't know the "trick" to get back in (you have to get it going a little and then climb back in). Tripp was able to get up on the ski and get back but I wound up having to swim several docks down to get back in!
It's been so nice to be able to come out and have a place to change, potty, nap, etc. I'll have to get some photos of the park and the kids on the jet skis. We're always so busy swimming and riding that I keep forgetting to grab the camera!!
Tripp drives the skis with daddy on. He could drive one by himself no problem (that boy can drive ANYTHING) but you have to be 13 and have taken a boat safety course. He's having blast though and learning the laws of the lake.
Avi also loves to ride them and the tube. Torin....well, yes to the skis, not just no but HELL NO! to the tube. Tripp and I took him on it one day and poor guy, well, it was sad and hysterical all at the same time. He put his head down on the tube and was screaming that he wanted to go slow. We were going as slow as we could. I motioned to Rick to turn it around. Tripp and I were both trying to comfort him without laughing too hard at the same time. I feel bad but it really was so comical. Now we ask him if he wants to go and he just gives us an ugly look and yells NO! I think he would flip us off if he could - LOL!!!
As for the fourth child...Sweet Pea is not crazy about being in the water but loves being around it. She doesn't mind riding on anything. We always try to take her in the water at least once when we're down there to help her get used to it. I don't think she'll ever be one to just jump in but who knows. She doesn't freak out or anything, she just swims her fastest back up to shore. She is queen of that boat though. She loves to be up on the highest point which we're always having to take her off of so she doesn't bounce out. :-)




Since Tripp had to postpone his party until the week after his birthday (several of his best friends were going to be out of town), he wanted to spend the night in the RV. It was so much fun and we loved spending the evening with Nana and Papa. We kept asking them if they were going to spend the night with us and got the "Yea right" look. We have teased Papa for years that his idea of camping is sleeping on a hotel floor - LOL!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment