Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Our trip to Styk Dairy in Schulenburg & Health Books

We took a trip a few weeks ago to the dairy where we get our milk to pick up our beef (we buy a side at a time - nothing like a full freezer). I think the kids would live there if they could! It's so fun. We don't get to go very often since I run the milk co-op in Seguin so they bring our milk to us every other week. About once a year we put together a field trip down there with a few of ur homeschool groups. Bob and Darlene Stryk are some of the nicest folks I've ever known and don't mind the kids exploring the farm.

The highlight of their day was when they found a new hen's nest in the hay barn that even Darlene didn't know was there. They got to pick the eggs and she let us take them home.




Their website: Strykly Texas Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment