Friday, 7-17 Update: Beavy is doing much better. He still has a little limp but has been getting around for several days now. He's still doing the same thing he's done since he was a puppy...when he gets near me, he hams it up limping even more. I peek at him through the window and he walks around out back with just a little limp but as soon as I open the door and he sees me, it turns to a much bigger limp!! LOL!!! He has always done this since he was itty bitty. Silly dog!
Saturday, 7-11 Update: I'm afraid that Beavy is not doing so great today.
He will not put ANY pressure on that leg. I have him on a palette in the living room so I can keep an eye on him. I moved his food and water right next to him but he hasn't touched it. :-( Sweet Pea has slept next to him for a good part of the day and is being calmer than normal around him. She knows he's hurting.
6:00 p.m.: I'm so happy because Beavy finally got up for the first time today! He only took a couple of steps toward the door and was obviously in a lot of pain. :( I carried him outside and he was able to potty and then carried him back in and he finally drank some water. Hopefully he'll be back to his 'normal' rickety self in a few days.
7-10-2009: Quick rundown:
- Up early as today was milk day. Got all the coolers loaded. Yes, I love summer but are you kidding me...92 degrees at 8:00 in the morning!?!?!
- Got the kids packed since Avi and Torin were going to spend the weekend with Aunt Stephanie in Austin and Tripp was spending the night with Nana & Papa tonight and Jimmy tomorrow night. Yes, that's right - woo-hoo! 2 days of quiet (Yes, I love you my babies but maintaining a thought is so nice sometimes!). Getting together with friends tonight and date night with Rick tomorrow!
- Ran Beavy to the groomers.
- Dropped off Tripp's kayak (still on the hood of my van from the river yesterday)
- Headed to Austin
- Dropped the kids off
- Headed back to Seguin to drop Tripp off
- On the way, I had a great UNINTERRUPTED (what's that) visit with my dad on the phone
- Just as we were getting back into town, the groomer (the most wonderful groomer EVER!!!!) called and said that Beavy had an accident in his kennel and when they open the door to get him out so they could clean it, he leaped out of the cage and hurt is front leg in the fall. They were on their way to our vet's office and I could meet them there.
- Tripp was still in the car with me and got very nervous that his leg might be broken. I assured him that it didn't sound like it was that bad.
- I tried to stay calm but all of the worst things were running through my mind. He is, after all, 16 years old this month and is very far from spry guy anymore. I'm always in awe of how happy he still is with all that he has to deal with. I hope I'm that way when I'm old and rickety.
- Got Tripp dropped off and headed for the vet's.
- Had to wait with him for a while since the vet was in the middle of a c-section. Hepzibah from Thunderpaws stayed with me the whole time. Did I mention how amazing they are (they also have tons of cute dog clothes and accessories if you're looking).
- Luckily it turned out that it was just sprained. Whew!! I can't tell you how relieved I was.
So, everything turned out to be ok. The reason I'm giggling to myself though, is this...I came home to several chores such as sink full of dishes, a kitchen that needed cleaning, laundry to be done, cooler to be cleaned out, etc. Luckily I got all of this down quickly without any interruptions except for trying to keep Beavy off his leg which is hard since he's my constant shadow and then, while sitting at the computer, this is what I get from Sweet Pea since no one is here to play with her.
So how is this different than the kids being home??? LOL!!!
He will not put ANY pressure on that leg. I have him on a palette in the living room so I can keep an eye on him. I moved his food and water right next to him but he hasn't touched it. :-( Sweet Pea has slept next to him for a good part of the day and is being calmer than normal around him. She knows he's hurting.6:00 p.m.: I'm so happy because Beavy finally got up for the first time today! He only took a couple of steps toward the door and was obviously in a lot of pain. :( I carried him outside and he was able to potty and then carried him back in and he finally drank some water. Hopefully he'll be back to his 'normal' rickety self in a few days.
7-10-2009: Quick rundown:
- Up early as today was milk day. Got all the coolers loaded. Yes, I love summer but are you kidding me...92 degrees at 8:00 in the morning!?!?!
- Got the kids packed since Avi and Torin were going to spend the weekend with Aunt Stephanie in Austin and Tripp was spending the night with Nana & Papa tonight and Jimmy tomorrow night. Yes, that's right - woo-hoo! 2 days of quiet (Yes, I love you my babies but maintaining a thought is so nice sometimes!). Getting together with friends tonight and date night with Rick tomorrow!
- Ran Beavy to the groomers.
- Dropped off Tripp's kayak (still on the hood of my van from the river yesterday)
- Headed to Austin
- Dropped the kids off
- Headed back to Seguin to drop Tripp off
- On the way, I had a great UNINTERRUPTED (what's that) visit with my dad on the phone
- Just as we were getting back into town, the groomer (the most wonderful groomer EVER!!!!) called and said that Beavy had an accident in his kennel and when they open the door to get him out so they could clean it, he leaped out of the cage and hurt is front leg in the fall. They were on their way to our vet's office and I could meet them there.- Tripp was still in the car with me and got very nervous that his leg might be broken. I assured him that it didn't sound like it was that bad.
- I tried to stay calm but all of the worst things were running through my mind. He is, after all, 16 years old this month and is very far from spry guy anymore. I'm always in awe of how happy he still is with all that he has to deal with. I hope I'm that way when I'm old and rickety.
- Got Tripp dropped off and headed for the vet's.
- Had to wait with him for a while since the vet was in the middle of a c-section. Hepzibah from Thunderpaws stayed with me the whole time. Did I mention how amazing they are (they also have tons of cute dog clothes and accessories if you're looking).
- Luckily it turned out that it was just sprained. Whew!! I can't tell you how relieved I was.
So, everything turned out to be ok. The reason I'm giggling to myself though, is this...I came home to several chores such as sink full of dishes, a kitchen that needed cleaning, laundry to be done, cooler to be cleaned out, etc. Luckily I got all of this down quickly without any interruptions except for trying to keep Beavy off his leg which is hard since he's my constant shadow and then, while sitting at the computer, this is what I get from Sweet Pea since no one is here to play with her.
So how is this different than the kids being home??? LOL!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment