Friday, June 19, 2009

We finally have a garden!! May 2009

I got a wonderful book called The All New Square Foot Gardener. For the first time I felt like I could really do a garden easily and that's what happened. I can't suggest this book enough.

We got all our veggies from my friend Sarah. They have some amazing gardens and produce almost of their own produce. They use only heirloom, organic seeds so I love getting my seedlings from them. We planted 3 red leaf lettuces, one purple leaf lettuce, a chocolate bell pepper, another bell pepper, rosemary, dill, spearmint, orange mint and a bean plant that her son Matthew had started.
Rick built the box for me (thank you honey) and Tripp loved helping out doing the grid. He also helped me combine the soil and fill it. Again, that book made it SO easy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment