Sunday, October 25, 2009

Tripp's 1st Tennis Tournament












What a fantastic day!!!




Rachel Lake
Whew! Why are the emotions of kid's sports so, well, emotional?!?! Tripp's first tennis tournament today...he did GREAT!!! He didn't win a match (rare on first time) but held his own SO well. 1st Match: 6-3, 6-3. 2nd Match: 6-6 to ...tiebreaker, 6-4. He wasn't nervous at all. Think I was nervous enough for both of us.  Told him to send his nerves my way if he needed to but was cool as a cucumber. He loved it, had fun and played hard (almost 4 hours of tennis - would have been 6 hours if he'd won!!). Happy kid and super proud mama!!

The tournament was held at Sonterra Country Club through the San Antonio Junior Tennis League.  It was quite a learning experience but was so fun.  His 2nd match was his first time on a clay court (usually concrete) - what a change!!  Who ever thought up slip n' slide clay courts?!?  Oh well, part of the game.  We're actually looking forward to a grass court at some point in the future.

Torin and Avi did great.  Rick and I do, however, think they (and us) will have much easier time if they stay with someone.   It is a very long day (and would have been even longer if he'd won).  I was so proud of them!  I was helping keep track of the score (the kids have to keep their own scores - lots to keep track of until you get the hang of it) so Rick was watching the kids.  The only regret is that we didn't get any good pictures. :-(  Thank you Pawpoo for getting some video!!!  Need to get a copy from you.  :-)

Tripp was beaming from ear to ear at the end of his last game.  Even though he lost he knew he'd played really well.  You couldn't have wiped that smile off his face.  We got in the van and he said that his hand hurt...LOL!!!  We teased him saying "No kidding?" "You just played almost 4 hours of tennis!".  He didn't even realize how long he had played.  

So....after a very long day and some amazing tennis playing, we get home and all the kids go outside to play and Tripp is hitting tennis balls against the house?!?!  Crazy I know.  Love my guys!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've ate there before, but I didn't know there was a tennis court as well!

    ReplyDelete