Thursday, September 10, 2009

Yet another mama project for her critters. :-)

Avi has become VERY serious about her gymnastics....imagine that, AVI being serious about something - that girl's commitment to her passions amazes me! She wants to practice constantly!! I priced practice balance beams and...ouch! I knew we could do it ourselves and sure enough, we did it!

As with all of our projects and running, Life Learning is the most valuable of all. They learned about angles, degrees, money and more measurements through it all. I have to say that I'm always surprised by Tripp's measurement and engineering skills (poor kid is always having to measure something for me).

Now, with all that said...yes, Rick still had to fix something for us when he got home. We put the supports in a little too far so one end would come up if anyone heavier than Avi got on it. Well, that wouldn't fly since Tripp and I both wanted to play on it also! Poor Rick has got to cringe when I talk with him during the day and tell him what crazy project we're taking on and that, yes, I will be using power tools!!!!! Yikes! I don't think I've ever completed a project that he hasn't had to "finish up" for me in some way, shape or form. Thank you honey bunny! Love you!!!! :-)

Nothing like a circular saw!

Insulation to make it a little squishy.

I already had the suede fabric (from Tripp's 15 foot anaconda we made several years ago which still lives on his bed). Total cost was about 20 bucks versus $119!!!


Playing in the much needed rain when I shewed them out of the garage while using power tools!

No comments:

Post a Comment