We went to the river for a little while on Saturday and then most of the day yesterday. Felt so good to sit in the shade, get some fresh air and watch the kids swim. Of course, it does feel very wrong to be at the river without a beer in my hand...figured I should give my brain a break for a few weeks. ;-) LOL!!! Tripp got up on his wakeboard yesterday!! A family friend came down and gave him lessons. It was so exciting! Yea, I'm jealous but enjoying the fact that he'll have it down by the time it's my turn and can give me lessons. :-)
Feels so good to be back doing the domestic thing today...laundry, kitchen, etc. ....normal stuff. Everyone keeps saying to take it easy and not do too much but that isn't a problem at all...again, my body shuts me down. It's do a little, sit a little, do a little, sit a little....craziness! My goal for this week is to cut back on the meds and walk a little more each day and get my equilibrium back so I can drive!! Hoping to be back in the full swing of things by Thursday for our regular playgroup. Missing my crew SO much!!!
For years, I was always one of the first ones at someone's house with food for any sort of "event" (birth, death, sickness, surgery, etc.) but have slacked off on that over the past few years. There is no excuse!! I told the kids that we are getting back in that habit ASAP! I can not begin to say how wonderful it has been to have so many folks bringing food and snacks. To not have to think about that meals has been, well, healing...one less thing to stress about! I had forgotten how helpful it is so, again, we will be getting back into that habit quickly. :-)
So, yes, feel like I'm back in the saddle!! I'm ready to get back into my caretaker role...being a patient is really, really, really for the birds and I don't do it well. Thank you again to EVERYONE that has sent so much love, support and energy to me and my family. Can't begin to say how much it has all meant to us. LOVE Y'ALL!!!!!!! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment