Monday, July 11, 2011

American All Star Gymnastics In-House Meet 7-2011

Sorry for the far distance on the taping.  I used our little HD recorder because it is super easy to get the video into the computer but it doesn't have much of a zoom at all.  We are looking into one of those hard drive styles because this is going to drive me crazy. :-)

This was her first meet and she did great!  This was their in-houe meet so they can get used to how a meet runs and to get a score which determines where they will be placed in the next meet.  Best is that it's still another month until her first meet so there's plenty of time for her to work on a few things and perfect her routines.

The only disappointment was the beam.  She stayed a little too high on her handstand and fell off.  We were all shocked!  She NEVER falls off the beam.  She was pretty disappointed. :-(  I could tell by watching her wobbles that it was nerves.  She is usually stiff as a board on the beam with very little wobbling so I could tell she was nervous.  Oh well, like she said, "I'll get it in the next meet." :-)

Vault - 8.95
Bars - 8.0
Beam - 7.7
Floor - 8.75

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Go Avi!!!!!! Is the one where they decide whether she competes against herself or others?

    ReplyDelete