Main Photo Album
To say that Avi had a good time would be a complete understatement. She was absolutely, 100% in her element!I literally tear up every time I say how proud I am of her. She is so passionate about her career and is ridiculously professional (borderline too serious on occasion)!! She adores being "on set". A day on the set with Avi....no bouncing all over the place even though she's giddy inside, flutters around and visits with most everyone in the room and usually has everyone's name down the first time, plays with kids if there are some but then tells them to settle down if they get a bit rowdy, forms very quick friendships with the adults, is polite and fun and makes everyone laugh. Then, when it comes time to work, she listens so intently to the director that they never have to tell her something twice, dumb it down or explain it. She listens, nods and does it!
The director, asst. director, producer, writer and crew went on and on about how great she was. They did a big "crew" shot with Danica and asked Avi to be in it with them. She could have shut down Vegas with that beam.
Besides enjoying the "work" of the day, she had a few more fantastic highlights of the day. The ultimate highlight for her was getting to meet and visit with Danica Patrick!!! They were hugging and chit-chatting and, well, Danica was fabulous. She was so kind, fun and tiny!!! I knew that she was small but she is SO petite!!! They did a lot of takes, laughed a lot and a great time.
After shooting with Danica, she had a little break and then shot the scene that will come before the one with her and Danica with the actress that was playing an Academy employee. She was on that bike for a long time!! I saw that she would sometimes wipe her hands on her pants in between takes when her hands got sweaty but when I was on the phone with my dad after we left, she informed me that her butt got sweaty too!! LOL!!!
The day got even better....Danica's scene with Avi was the last one before she was leaving. She gave Avi a huge hug goodbye and said how much fun she had. Then they told her that Danica bought the bike that she had been sitting on for all that time as a thank you to Avi!!!!
She was beside herself!!! They let her ride through the store on it. I'm very glad she didn't take down any of the lights or bazillion cords around. Then the last cherry-on-top of the day was when, the lady, that I think was Danica's assistant or PR person (I'm afraid I'm not quite sure - lots of new people in a day) gave Avi the picture of she and Danica they had taken earlier and she had autographed it for her!! A proper frame will be in order for that one before she destroys it from handling it so much.
Exhausted, happy she had so much fun and crazy proud!! How is she still going??? Yes, everyone else is in bed expect for us (11:00 pm). She was tired in the car but caught her second wind. High from camera time?....oh dear. :-)
Academy in Cedar Park, Austin
Make-up with Joe Rivera. He does make-up for almost all the Robert Rodriguezs movies (Spy Kids, Shark Boy & Lava Girl, Sin City, Machete, etc.)
Angela (actress playing an Academy Employee) & Avi
From Left: Producer, Creative Writer, Not sure (the one in blue in back, Director (in blue, grey hair & beard), Asst. Director (in black behind Danica), Asst. make-up (lady & man in very back), not sure (in grey shirt), Academy Manager (in black), the one I think might have been the girl that works with Danica (in white), Academy Wardrobe (coral shirt)
Front: Avi, Danica, Danica's stand-in
Getting re-primped.
























No comments:
Post a Comment